Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Chatsworth during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at True Temp Heating & Air Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call True Temp Heating & Air Inc at 706-695-7492 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.