As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to get a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a shout at 706-695-7492 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t think twice about giving True Temp Heating & Air Inc in Chatsworth a call at 706-695-7492. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.