During the colder Chatsworth months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to True Temp Heating & Air Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call True Temp Heating & Air Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from True Temp Heating & Air Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call True Temp Heating & Air Inc at 706-695-7492 or arrange an appointment with us online.