Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Chatsworth summertime, have the professionals at True Temp Heating & Air Inc conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call True Temp Heating & Air Inc today at 706-695-7492.