Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Chatsworth is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While True Temp Heating & Air Inc constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call True Temp Heating & Air Inc in Chatsworth at 706-695-7492 today.