You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at True Temp Heating & Air Inc have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the current temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your True Temp Heating & Air Inc technician is over for your annual furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 706-695-7492.