One of the most important parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Chatsworth are always changing and the frostiest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you ask a specialized technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most universal causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time traveling through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to switch off on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can prevent these problems and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook small things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this important step, especially if there was a relevant rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can easily be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is often the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the effectiveness of your furnace before you give a call to your Chatsworth technician. If there are still difficulties after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call True Temp Heating & Air Inc in Chatsworth.