Living in coolness in the summer can be taken for granted, especially until you experience a taste of uneasiness with an air conditioner breakdown. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so toasty bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uncomfortable feeling? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s error; the settings can be running appropriately, but it still reads that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s usually caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners stop working, especially bearing in mind the weather in Chatsworth. Here are a few things that you can examine for before you call True Temp Heating & Air Inc if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps transport the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you examine your system and find that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat movement isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This problem can also cause overheating of the compressor and other likely internal destruction to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most common troubles that True Temp Heating & Air Inc sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease suitable airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season comes around. Unclean air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an obstruction or blockage in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t hidden by furniture or other home items, too.
- Outside obstructions: Correct air flow could be also hindered from outdoor obstructions around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is altered, it can affect it’s cooling capabilities. Make sure that your system is free from obstacles and is cleaned routinely to decrease the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and steps that you should look into and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system procedure, call True Temp Heating & Air Inc at 706-695-7492.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under annual maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at True Temp Heating & Air Inc in Chatsworth is always here to assist – give us a call at 706-695-7492.